Military History/Sgt C W Bull river Scheldt

Could you help. I am a volunteer at a small village museum. We are researching a war hero who came from our village but have found no real info. It is said that Sgt charles William Bull single handedly held a bridge on the river Scheldt Belgium...Can you point us in the direction of some information ...Thanks jack

Someone in Europe contacted me after reading this correspondence from 2009 and offered to give you more information.  They live at or near the site fo the action and can offer more information of Sgt. Bull.  He can be contacted at:

A few things first.  Are you Canadian, British? We don't use the term "village" to often in the US.

You didn't say what Army Sgt Bull was in.  Also was it WWI or WWII?  Two different generations fought over the same ground.  So I need a bit more information.

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.