Military History/Sgt C W Bull river Scheldt

Question
Could you help. I am a volunteer at a small village museum. We are researching a war hero who came from our village but have found no real info. It is said that Sgt charles William Bull single handedly held a bridge on the river Scheldt Belgium...Can you point us in the direction of some information ...Thanks jack

Answer
Jack:

Someone in Europe contacted me after reading this correspondence from 2009 and offered to give you more information.  They live at or near the site fo the action and can offer more information of Sgt. Bull.  He can be contacted at:

bram@ww2awards.Com

Jack:

A few things first.  Are you Canadian, British? We don't use the term "village" to often in the US.

You didn't say what Army Sgt Bull was in.  Also was it WWI or WWII?  Two different generations fought over the same ground.  So I need a bit more information.

Military History

Keith H. Patton