Military History/514th Field Artillery Battalion WWII

Tom Sorkness wrote at 2013-08-11 00:53:00
Check out the National Archives II facility in College Park, MD. I found the unit history on the 515th FABN which was formed at the same time as the 514th at Fort Lewis. My dad was part of the 515th. I visited the facility and photocopied all the materials they had which was quite a bit. They also had a couple of unit rosters. The 515th's experience a little different - shipped out the end of Oct., stayed in England till late January, went to the continent and entered combat in mid-March. The fellow who posted about the unofficial unit histories rings corresponds to the one I have of the 515th. Let me know if you have any questions about the Archives II facility.  

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.