Military History/can you name this rifle?

Frumpke' wrote at 2015-02-11 17:46:45
The rifle ATB (appears to be) a Persian (Iran) Mod 49 Carbine based off the CZ Mod 30 Carbine.  The CZ version had milled barrel bands while the Persian made copy used stamped bands.  Another difference between the two, is the Persian Model 49 used a slot cut in the buttstock for a sling.  The CZ version used standard swivels.  The rifle shown in the photo is unusual in that it has a straight bolt handle.  Both the CZ Mod, 30 and the Iranian Mod, 49 have bent bolt handles with cuts in the stocks for clearance like the K98.  The straight bolt may be a replacement made during arsenal refurbishment or a local gunsmith.   Additionally, the CZ rifle stock was made of walnut while the Iranian's used an indigenous "blond" wood.  

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.