Military History/7th Inf. Div. Bayonet Infantry Badge (Army)

drummie wrote at 2010-08-19 19:50:11
The Bayonet Badge was awarded for service on the  DMZ. I was a member of the 31st Inf. during 69-70. the 2nd I.D. had the INJIM Scout patch for the same thing.

SSG Don Donovan (ret'd)

SSG Alvin Wilson USA Ret. wrote at 2012-12-24 09:52:31
I Was there.  It was awarded for our help in capturing North Korean infiltrators who attempted to kill President Pak during the Blue House incident.  It was awarded to the members of the 2nd Bn 31st inf Polar Bears in Late 1969 Early 1970 we were TDY to Camp Matta North of Freedom Bridge at the time.  You can get a replacement by going to Ebay, I just ordered one for $12.50.

David wrote at 2013-04-22 22:24:32
The Bayonet Infantry Badge or BIB as we called it was awarded to members of the 7th Div. who served on the DMZ in Korea. I still have mine and am thankful I kept it all these years. My unit 3/32 Inf. served time on the DMZ in 1969.

Military History

william oneill

I can answer questions on uniforms and insignia. General military subjects, British military history & uniforms European armies and histories american militia/national guard all wars weapons, equipment

I currently work for the National Museum of the Marine Corps as a Collections Management Specialist 2006-Present My previous position was the Registrar of the Virginia War Museum. The primary duties at both places was the identification and research of uniforms, insignia, flags, weapons, equipment,and preservation techniques in consultation with conservators. I wrote didactic panels and labels describing the period particular uniforms and equipment were in use. I served as the expert resource for questions on general military subjects for both U.S. and international military operations for local news media. Consulted with History Channel on camouflage uniforms, assisted other museums in identifying military artifacts in their collections, and have written extensive articles in the Virginia War Museum's newsletter, the Correspondent and given lectures on a vary of military topics relating to the operations of United States forces from 1775-Present.

Life Member- Disabled American Veterans Life Member- Vietnam Veterans of America

Publications Virgina War Museum Newsletter Correspondent

BA History-Christopher Newport College-1988 MA History Canadidate- Old Dominion University-1990 Certificate- Military Policy and Strategy- Old Dominion University-1991

Virginia War Museum Virginia War Memorial Museum U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum U.S. Army Transportation Museum Infantry Museum Ft. Riley Museum Finance Corps Museum 82nd Airborne Museum Ft. Wadsworth Harbor Defense Museum History Channel Museum of American Heroes (private museum) Mr. Don Tharpe Mr. Phil Morton