Military History/army/engineer pins from vietnam

Howard Young wrote at 2010-09-21 18:35:03
hey the wing referred to looks a lot like the pathfinder badge. there was a few of these awarded in the early 65's usually to demo guys.  They were chosen to go on LRRP because of their c4 experience

Howard Young wrote at 2010-09-21 18:39:51
I will also add the unit crest loc at the bottom of page with the red and white. this was the engineers unit crest from the rock.

Howard Young wrote at 2010-09-21 19:13:12
Hey I went down stairs and checked my badage and I stand corrected you are right about the Army Republic of Vietnam Jump Status designator.  I have one of these to, I have the Essayons pin also and it was supplied by our supply sgt.  Unit Crest we also had the same crest embroided on our hats.

Bob wrote at 2011-03-28 11:24:40
The engineer castle with parachute is an "unauthorized" unit crest for the 173rd Engineer Company in Vietnam.  It was used extensivley in 173rd internal communications, on bulletin boards, and in the "yearbooks", but was not approved by DOD.

bibliodude wrote at 2013-01-28 02:08:28
The pin in question is actually the unit crest for the 173rd Airborne Brigade Engineer Company.  Unlike a Divison with 10 to 20 thousand men the Brigade only had 4500.  In addition to two infantry Batallions it had an Engineer Company, Artillery Company, and Armor Company amoung others. I was assigned to this unit in 1964 and 65.  

Military History

william oneill