Military History/William Rosewarne Miller Captain USMC 09737

Charles Cartwright wrote at 2016-04-11 22:19:10
Dear Cathleen Miller,

I ran across this response concerning your Dad's service in the Marine Corp 1st marine division. I realized upon reading the description of his service your dad is the Bill Miller that was my Dad's good Marine friend. They fought together at both Cape Gloucester and Peleliu. One thing I must say is that their duty was beyond hazardous. My father (Captain Abel F. Cartwright) was one of the first artillery companies on the Peleliu beach the first night of the invasion. He lost over 100 men that first night. Our fathers fortunately survived Peleliu. My Dad was senior to your's (landed on Guadalcanal)thus Peleliu was his last engagement. He went to San Fransico to oversee the Marines coming home after Peleliu. I would be happy to talk to (email) you further. My family actually visited yours in Vermont once and I saw your Dad when he visited Michigan once in the late 60s or early 70s.  Sincerely, Charles P. Cartwright

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.