Military History/Troop Transport during WW 2

James E Royston wrote at 2013-07-16 14:11:05
Mr Horrell

My late father, Cornelius J Royston,was with the 51st fighter control group that departed the US in Jan of 42 on the Mariposa and either in New Zealand or Fremantle transferred to the "twin screw motor vessel" Duntroon for the run to Colombo Ceylon and then to Karachi.  Dad spent the war in northern Burma and also sailed home in the Randall.  He has consistently that he was escorted part of the way by a Leander class cruiser that I am seeking to identify.  Hope some of this helps.

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.