Military History/transport ship Sea Flyer

Geraldine J Day wrote at 2014-09-10 22:24:16
My brother, LaVerne Day, was a member of the 788th AAA btn, battery D and fought with Lt Col Frank Sack, commanding?  They came home aboard the Marine Robin from the French port of Marseilles, I believe.  He was discharged from Fort Ord CA in Seprember 1945.  I have much info on this unit if you are interested

WW 2 Connections wrote at 2014-09-13 06:54:22
Yes, I am VERY interested in any FACTS you would care to share with me.

1)   The name of the troop ship that transported the 788th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion overseas in August 1944.

2)   ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your brother's Discharge Documents.

Thank you so, so much for your generous offer of time & FACTS.

Richard V. Horrell

WW 2 Connections

e-mail address  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.