Military History/transport ship Sea Flyer

Geraldine J Day wrote at 2014-09-10 22:24:16
My brother, LaVerne Day, was a member of the 788th AAA btn, battery D and fought with Lt Col Frank Sack, commanding?  They came home aboard the Marine Robin from the French port of Marseilles, I believe.  He was discharged from Fort Ord CA in Seprember 1945.  I have much info on this unit if you are interested

WW 2 Connections wrote at 2014-09-13 06:54:22
Yes, I am VERY interested in any FACTS you would care to share with me.

1)   The name of the troop ship that transported the 788th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion overseas in August 1944.

2)   ALL THE DATES typed in Box #36 on page two of your brother's Discharge Documents.

Thank you so, so much for your generous offer of time & FACTS.

Sincerely,

Richard V. Horrell

WW 2 Connections

e-mail address      www.WW2Connections@aol.com  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell