Military History/Spanish American War Hat?

James Newberry wrote at 2012-04-05 19:40:14
The battleship Olympia still exists. It's parked in Philadelphia Pa. and is open to the public. If the person with the Olympia hat is still interested I can get them in touch with the people who operate it.

cpace wrote at 2014-04-09 02:20:27
I was searching for USS Olympia memorabilia, as I just found out my late grandfather sailed on this ship between 1918 and 1921.  He was actually a member of the Honor Guard, who carried the "unknown soldier" off of the USS Olympia, to Arlington.  I recently found a photo of my grandfather, wearing a navy hat, like the one in your photo.  Are you interested in selling this, by chance?

Military History

Marc Leepson