Military History/1091st Engineer Utilities Detachment

Question
My wife's father served in the USA Corps of Engineers in WW2.  His name was (CAPT) Phillips Morrison of Seattle WA.
So far, I have not been able to find a listing of his unit, the 1091st Engineer Utilities Detachment.  The closest is a comment on the 1090 Engr Util Co in US Army in WWII, The Tech Series, The Corps of Engineers: The War Against Germany.
The unit served in western Europe.
We do not have his discharge documents.

Answer
Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My wife's father served in.......of Seattle WA."  I have a list of all Engineer Units that served in the ETO, 1942-45.  "Capt. P. Morrison" is listed at the Commanding Officer of the 1091st Engineer Utilities Detachment.  (NOTE:   In Primary Sources, I found the word "Utility" singular or plural in the numerical designation of the unit in question)
  The following is a brief timeline of the history of the 1091st Engineer Utility Detachment.  Please understand the context of my response.  These are FACTS about the 1091st Engineer Utility Detachment, NOT about your "wife's father".

as of May 31, 1944 located at Kingwood Common, Oxfordshire, England & assigned to the 1128th Engineer Combat Group, First Army

Order of Battle
     1128th Engineer Combat Group

158th Engineer Combat Battalion
164th Engineer Combat Battalion
1278th Engineer Combat Battalion
602nd Engineer Camouflage Battalion
654th Engineer Topographic Battalion
626th Engineer Light Equipment Company
995th Engineer Treadway Bridge Company
505th Engineer Light Ponton Company
465th Engineer Depot Company
1501st Engineer Water Supply Company
1091st Engineer Utility Detachment
1235th Engineer Firefighting Platoon

D-Day, Tuesday, June 6, 1944

landed across UTAH Beach, Cotentin Peninsula, France, June 17, 1944

CAMPAIGNS

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France   July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland         September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace   December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe    March 22-May 8, 1945

code name of the 1091st Engineer Utility Company:   MIAMI

as of July 24, 1944, located at Cibrantot, Cotentin Peninsula, France

on February 20, 1945, awarded a Meritorious Unit Commendation for the period July 1, 1944-January 1, 1945.  General Order #31, H.Q., First Army

V-E Day, May 8, 1945

served with the Army of Occupation in Germany, May 2-July 4, 1945

In your question you typed "We do not have his discharge documents."  Respectfully, then how were you able to determine that your "wife's father" was somehow associated with the 1091st Engineer Utility Detachment?  Without a photocopy of your "wife's father" Discharge Documents in hand, I cannot provide you with FACTS about his role in WW 2, only FACTS about the 1091st Engineer Utility Detachment.  My apology for falling F-A-R short of my responsibility to AllExperts, but I can only work with what I am provided.

Frustrated,
    Richard V. Horrell
     WW 2 Connections
      211 Union St.   #611
       Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell