Military History/Boston POE

Mr. Horrell,
I am a veteran of the 114th Regiment of the 44th Infantry Division. I embarked from Boston on the Navy vessel, General J. R. Brookes, AP-132 on Sept. 4, 1944. Can you tell me if there were different wharves from which ships were dispatched, and if so, which one did I leave from. I am hosting the 2013 reunion of the 114th Regiment on Sept. 15, 2013, and would like to have the attendees visit the site.  
Thank you for any information you can provide.
David K. Weiner

Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good manners NEVER go out of style.
  As to the exact location the USS General J.R. Brooke  AP-132 departed from within the Boston Port of Embarkation, regrettably I do not have an answer.  May I make some suggestions as to where next to research?  The Port Authority of Boston?  The main branch, Boston Public Library?  The state archives of New Jersey (I believe in Trenton, NJ)?  Is there any sort of maritime museum in the Boston area?  If so, try it.  My experience is, the more people who know of your quest, the better the odds someone will know the FACT you desire.
  May I ask a question of you, sir?  Do you know the name of the troop ship that returned the 114th Infantry Regiment (New Jersey National Guard) to the New York Port of Embarkation, July 20, 1945?
  In closing, THANK YOU for defending our great republic so many decades ago.  I grew up in a great nation with unlimited opportunity because of men like you & my father.  I owe you a great deal, & I wish for you to know that your sacrifice has not been forgotten.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.