Military History/Military Police Company

Question
Sir,
My father was in a MP Company at Fort Custer Michigan during WW II. I have not been able to find any info on this unit and a partial picture I have shows 664th M.P.E.G. Company. I have tried to locate info on the M.P.E.G. abbreviation with no luck as well. Any help woulbe appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Walter

Answer
I don't have any special knowledge about that unit. I would suggest you contact the Army Center of Military History. The folks there are encyclopedic about this kind of information.

The website is http://history.army.mil  

If you feel like calling there, try the library research desk: 202-685-4042

Military History

Marc Leepson