Military History/PFC James F. Bunch

Would like to find out how he got to and from Italy in WW2.
Attache is copy of discharge.

Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  As to the troop ship that PFC Bunch was a passenger on sailing to Italy:

Departure Date:   January 14, 1945
Departure Location:   Hampton Roads, Virginia Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:   USS General W.P. Richardson  AP-118
Arrival Date:   January 25, 1945
Arrival Location:   Naples, Italy
    via the Straits of Gibraltar

As to the troop ship that PFC Bunch was a passenger on sailing back to the USA, I have no FACTS available to me about that voyage.  My apology, I am sorry.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.