Military History/Possible WW 2 DUI pin

I hope you don't mind, but I ran across your name on the Internet in which you were providing some answers on general WWII questions and hope you can help me out in identifying something.  I've come across a DUI pin that was from the estate of my aunt's stepfather, who was a British soldier in WWII, so I'm not sure why he had this pin since it appears to be a U.S. DI pin.  It seems that I can't attach a picture using my iPad, but if you wanted to provide an e-mail address I'd be happy to send you pictures.  However, the pin is relatively easy to describe.  It is shield-shaped and has an enamel front.  It has three vertical stripes.  Both outside stripes are red and the center stripe is silver.  In the center of the silver stripe there is a red horse's head, which is facing left. The back is imprinted with the words "N.S. Myer Inc. New York, NY  Sterling".  I can't find another one like it on eBay and haven't had any luck searching the web.  I'm assuming it's an official DI since it was made by Meyer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "It seems I can't attach a picture using the iPad, but if you wanted to provide an e-mail address I'd be happy to send you pictures."  You are welcome to photocopy (colour?) the D.I., then send the photocopy to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
  Based upon your typed description of the D.I., I referred to James Sawicki's OUTSTANDING ref. "Cavalry Regiments of the U.S. Army" (horse's head).  Nothing.  Then I referred to "Army Lineage Series, Field Artillery Part 1" because the horse's head is red, red is the Branch-of-Service colour of Artillery.  Nothing.
  You make a good case for this to be a D.I., but where to go to next is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.  You may wish to contact The Institute of Heraldry, located at Cameron Station, Alexandria, VA for further assistance.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Happy Armistice Day,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.