Military History/Searching for Childhood Friend

Question
Hello Marc.  I do apologize for not being completely accurate on my question yesterday.  Brigadier General Dyer was in the U.S. Military but I'm not sure if it was Army or Marines.  Thank you Marc.

Answer
That makes it a bit easier. But only a bit.

All U.S. military records are held by the National Archives Military Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Here's the web site: http://www.archives.gov/research/military

It contains info on how to search. However, only the next of kin are permitted to obtain a military record of a veteran, so I'm not sure if that will work for you or not.

Have you done a Google search for Gen. Dyer? That might give you some clues.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Marc

Military History

Marc Leepson