Military History/USS Monticello AP-61 convoy

Question
My father's discharge papers say that he left the ETO on 25 May 45 and arrived in the US 11 June 45.  He was a RAMP.  Another RAMP who knew him reported that he and my dad traveled together in a NY-bound convoy but that their ship was diverted to Boston after crossing the Atlantic, although I am not sure how reliable that information is (both men are long dead). The dates correspond to a USS Monticello convoy.  Are there records for that convoy that would help me trace my father's history? Frederic C Martini, USAAF, liberated 29 April 45 from SL VIIA, previously at SL III and originally one of the POWs held at Buchenwald.

Answer
Good Day,
  Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "The dates correspond to a USS Monticello convoy."  May I ask for your source that a "USS Monticello convoy" departed "the ETO on 25 May 45" & "arrived in the US 11 June 45"?  The reason I ask for your source, the dates for Convoy US.69 are different than your dates.

Departure Date:   May 24, 1945
Departure Location:   Liverpool, England
Troop Ships:   SS Blue Island Victory
         SS Santa Maria
         SS Sea Owl
         USS Le Jeune  AP-74
         USS Monticello  AP-61
Arrival Date:   June 3, 1945
Arrival Location:   New York Port of Embarkation
  NOTE:  The USS Le Jeune  AP-74 departed Southampton, England, the SS Sea Owl arrived at the Boston Port of Embarkation

Since by your own admission the only FACTS you are dealing with are May 25, 1945 & June 11, 1945, the following may be of interest to you.

Departure Date:   May 24, 1945
Departure Location:   Le Havre, France
Troop Ship:   SS George Gordon Meade
Arrival Date:   June 11, 1945

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Departure Date:   May 26, 1945
Departure Location:   Le Havre, France
Troop Ship:   SS Daniel Harvey Hill
Arrival Date:   June 11, 1945

In your question you typed "Are there records for that convoy that would help me trace my father's history?"  No.  However, have you contacts the National Archives for the R.A.M.P. interviews, conducted in the ETO prior to the R.A.M.P. returning to the USA?  Most R.A.M.P.s refused, & the the US Military did not push the issue too hard, considering what the R.A.M.P.s went through.  However, maybe your father did consent to the interview.  Best to never leave any stone un-turned.
  Again, I am eager to learn your source for your dates of the "USS Monticello convoy".
  Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell