Military History/1126th MP Company, Fifth Air Force

1126 MP
1126 MP  
My father and I recently received my grandpa's military records.  Due to a fire the records were damaged and some of the records were lost.

My grandpa was in the 1126 Military Police Company of the Fifth Army Air Force.  He was drafted in Illinois.  After spending some time in the US in Illinois, Mobile, Alabama, and then San Franscisco guarding money, he was sent overseas to the Pacific.  

I read another post from a man on here about the 1126 MP company during WW2.  It seems to me it is highly likely that his father and my grandpa were in the same unit, at the same time, and could have known each other.  In that post the man wrote that he had "a log of events entitled 'From Mobile to Manila'."  I too would like to take a look at that.  Is there any way you could send that to me or put me in touch with that gentleman so we can compare notes?

The records I have showed that my grandpa was at Fort McKinley in late 1945.  He was discharged December 18, 1945.  I am going to have to review the records some more and see what I can pull from them given the fire damage, but any information you can provide about the 1126 MP Company would be great.  I have attached an image of my grandpa taken in 1945, hopefully that helps.

Good Day,
  Thank you for your question.  We have a number of issues here, so hopefully I will assist you a bit with each one.
  As to the "post from a man on here about the 1126 MP company during WW2."  The only contact I had with the "man" was through AllExperts.  I have no way to contact the "man".  I requested that the "man" send me a photocopy of "From Mobile to Manila".  The "man" did not send me a photocopy, else I would send you a photocopy of my photocopy.
  I am aware of the fire at the Military Personnel Records Center in July 1973 that destroyed approx. 85% of all US Army Personnel Files (US Army Air Force included).  However, research can still be conducted, starting with the Veteran's Discharge Documents.  The source for the Veteran's Discharge Documents is you, or in other words, the Veteran's family.
  You are welcome to send me a photocopy of your grandfather's Discharge Documents via First Class USPS.  It would be my pleasure to share with you any FACTS I glean from the documents.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Happy Holidays,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.