Military History/Ardennes offensive

Question
My father in law, Howard Elmer served in this unit, Company B 110th Inf, 38th inf reg and I'm trying to find his unit patch.  The unit I mention above is from his DD214(form 53.55 1 Nov 1944).

Were trying to put his uniform together and frame

Can you help out?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My father in law, Howard Elmer served in this unit, Company B 110th Inf, 38th Inf reg and I'm trying to find his unit patch."  Respectfully, you have typed two, entirely different units in your question.  
  The 110th Infantry Regiment, Pennsylvania National Guard, was assigned to the 28th Infantry Division, Pennsylvania National Guard during WW 2.  During the "Ardennes offensive" (December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945) the 28th Infantry Division, PA N.G. was assigned to VIII Corps, First Army (November 19-December 19, 1944) followed by VIII Corps, Third Army (December 20, 1944-January 7, 1945).
  The 38th Infantry Regiment was assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division during WW 2.  During the "Ardennes offensive" the 2nd Infantry Division was assigned to V Corps, First Army.  
  In your question you typed "The unit I mention above is from his DD214".  Respectfully, the term DD-214 is a post-WW 2 term.  There is no such file as a DD-214 for a WW 2 Veteran, discharged in the late 1940's.  
  In your question you typed "Can you help out?"  Certainly.  What I request of you is a photocopy of page two of your father-in-law's Discharge Documents, which are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic research.  Page two has 57 numbered boxes, each box with a FACT about your father-in-law's service during WW 2.

Box #1   Name
Box #2   Army Serial Number (NOT a Social Security Number)
Box #3   Grade
Box #4   Arm or Service
Box #5   Component
Box #6   Organization
Box #7   Date of Separation
Box #8   Place of Separation
Box #9   Permanent Address for Mailing Purposes
Box #10  Date of Birth

So on & so forth.  Please photocopy page two, then send the photocopy to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of Response.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Happy Holidays,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell