Military History/US Army 36th Infantry Division WWII

Hello, my great uncle Cpl. Paul M Antoniel fought with the 36th Infantry Division, 142nd Infantry Regiment, he was listed as KIA/ Body never recovered on 12/11/1944.  I would like to know where he was on that day.  I hope that you can shed some light on this. Thank you.

Hi Paula

Thanks for the question. While outside my area of expertise, I will try to help.

After a quick search online I found the following websites that may be of interest:

I hope this helps in some small way. It is gratifying to see people interested in their family history. I think it's important.

Kind regards and Happy Holidays

Military History

Trevor Collette

I can answer most specific questions regarding the war on the Eastern Front 1941-45 and general questions on WWII regarding the European Theatre of Operations. I can answer most questions on weapons and vehicles used in those areas of operation, Russian, German, Allied. I can also answer questions on contemporary weapon systems (land/sea/air), nuclear weapons and nuclear war fighting, biological and chemical warfare. I also have an interest in epidemiology and disease in history and Russian history during Stalin, specifically the GuLags. I cannot answer any more questions relating to discharge papers or other paperwork, obtaining military records, ranks and their comparisons, military duties etc. as there are outside my expertise.

3 years Lance Corporal in infantry regiment and 3 years Sapper (Combat Engineer)in Engineer Regiment, both Canadian Army Reserve. Extensive military history library, up until recently I was reading 3-5 books per month on military affairs, then ran out of shelf space, much to my wife's delight.

Business Administration, Human Resources Management