Military History/Reinforcement Battalion

GJW wrote at 2014-02-04 17:34:38
My father, an armored officer who trained with the 14th Armored Division Stateside, was also attached to the "3rd Replacement Depot". His letter indicated he arrived France late June, early July to a Depot near La Havre, France and was assigned late July to the 32nd Armored Regiment of the 3rd Armored Division and took part in the Falaise Gap action closing the Normandy campaign.  Don't have specific information, however.  Would like to know more.  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.