Military History/Grand army of Republic and Civil War

Question
My grandmother gave me some military stuff I want more info on and an approximate value.

The first item is an original unused application to join the Grand Army of the Republic, it appears to be fully intact and I believe it is from the late 1800s

The second item is a promotion document promoting a man to corporal during the civil war. It is for a Michigan based Regiment I believe.

The third is an old book bound with a single piece of string.  Its fully intact and it is titled Poor Richards almanac for 1856 & has a sketch of Benjamin Franklin on the cover.  It was published by Brother Jonathan out of New York

If you could help me identify and put a value on these items I would appreciate it very much.

Answer
The value of all of these depends on the condition of the items. You need to take them to an antique dealer to find out.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the GAR application would be of little value, but your Civil War promotion document may be worth something. As for the book, its condition is the determining factor. Any used book dealer would know.  

Military History

Marc Leepson