Military History/Leonard Roe

Question
I have been looking for WWII information concerning my uncle, Leonard Roe.  I have a copy of the U.S.,Headstone Applications for Military Veterans which I got from Ancestry.com.  It shows the Uncle Leonard's service number was 35 462 693; he enlisted 30 July 1942 and was discharged 28 September 1945.  Medals given were EAMESM; Good Conduct.  He was a Tec 5 in the 190th Military Police Co. AUS.  Born 19 September 1916 & died 14 November 1961.I also have in my possession a picture taken of Leonard Roe sitting in a truck in his uniform and on the door of the truck it said "Hell Riders".  My dad said his brother helped chase Rommell across North Africa.
Leonard's widow, Juanita P. Roe, applied for Headstone or Marker on the dd Form 1330, 1 aug 60.   I  am looking for information concerning the Military Company he was in, for example, the history of the Company, battles engaged in, etc.  
 There were only 2 brothers in the family.Leonard was the oldest and my dad, James C Roe was the youngest. My dad fought in The Battle of The Bulge, Eisenborn Ridge and I am trying to find the battles my uncle fought in.  Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Betty Coplan

Answer
Dear Ms.,
  Thank you for your question.  I have dealt with many sources of information, but a "U.S.,Headstone Applications for Military Veterans which I got from Ancestry.com." is a new one for me.  I must assume (NOT a good idea when trying to conduct ACCURATE historic research) that the information on the "Headstone Application" was obtained from the Veteran's Discharge Documents, specifically Box #6 on page two.  The unit listed in Box #6 is the unit the Veteran was assigned to when the Veteran was discharged, not necessarily the unit the Veteran was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945.
  In your question you typed "My dad said his brother helped chase Rommell [sic] across North Africa."  The Campaign Credits for the 190th MP Company are as follows:

Southern France     August 15-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945

Field Marshal Rommel was wounded in mid July 1944, so he was no longer being chased anywhere when the 190th MP Company arrived in southern France in August 1944.
  I type all of this to explain to you that based upon the information you have provided me, the 190th MP Company was the unit the Veteran was assigned to when he was discharged & not the unit he was assigned to prior to May 8, 1945.  Have you access to a copy of the Veteran's Discharge Documents, which are vital to ACCURATE historic research?  If yes, please photocopy the Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  It would be my pleasure to share with you any FACTS I glean from them.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
  In your question you typed "My dad fought in The Battle of The Bulge, Eisenborn [sic] Ridge".  I assume you know of the relentless combat upon Elsenborn Ridge, with wave after wave of enemy soldiers charging the US position, often culminating in hand-to-hand combat?  Your father is a rare man, indeed.  I know, to you he is "dad" but to WW 2 Historians such as I, he is a soldier to honored.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell