Military History/MV Jagersfontein & Bloemfontein

Question
The MV Jagersfontein and MV Bloemfontein were both used to transport AVG volunteers to Burma in 1941.  Jagersfontein left San Francisco on 10 July 1941 and the Bloemfontein left San Francisco on 21 or 24 July 1941.  I am trying to locate an AVG passenger that probably sailed on one of these two ships.  How can I locate the passenger lists for these two ships?

Answer
Dear Ms.,
  Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you.  I can only suggest some ideas that may aid you with your quest.
 In July 1941, who was operating these two ships?  Not any business in Holland, which had been occupied by the Nazi's for over a year.  The Dutch Government-in-Exile, in London?  
  Have you contacted the Port Authority of San Francisco?
  The AVG eventually became a part of the Fourteenth Army Air Force.  Have you contacted Wright-Patterson Airforce Base in Ohio to see if they have the records for the Fourteenth Army Air Force?  If the people at Wright-Patterson say no, ask them where the Fourteenth Army Air Force records would be?
  How about contacting the Embassy for Taiwan/Formosa in Washington, DC.
  You may wish to contact the Nimitz Center in Fredericksburg, Texas.
  Please keep in mind, often times you are asking these people not for an answer, but to let them know the question you are asking.  That way, they start asking the same question to others.  Soon not one voice is asking, but scores of voices are asking, all for your benefit.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Happy Holidays,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell