Military History/S/Sgt Albert Nelson

Question
My father was in the First Army   A staff Sargent.  We think he went into Normandy the second day. His serial number was 36481439.  He was in the 1091 Engr Util Det. He was discharged on Dec 18. 1945.  His papers say he was in Normandy.  Northern France. Ardennes. Rhineland and Central Europe.  I am going to France this  spring and would like to retrace his steps through Europe.  R u able to tell me what areas he went through

Answer
Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  I suggest you refer to my response of October 27, 2012 at AllExperts for all the FACTS I have access to about the 1091st Engineer Utility Detachment.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell