Military History/info on a Remington Arms O3A3

Erik wrote at 2012-12-13 11:09:51
We found 2 in Granpas basement.  I have Remington 03-A3 serial# 3956274. Slightly to the left side of the barrel before the front sight is stamped A then a cherry bomb logo then 2-43. Bottom side of the front barrel is stamped with a P or PL. Below trigger guard is RP. I did learn that if the magazine is olive green and doesn't match the bolt, trigger, etc. it is a refurb. The stock on mine is worn on the side where the shooters cheek would have rested and the buttplate has marks that look like it was used to hammer nails.

Anyway, not worth selling but would love too shoot. (after a pros approval) I hear they are great shooters.

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.