Military History/APO 15259

Question
Mr. Horrell, my question concerns a difficult APO number. In my father's foot locker are 6 letters written during the months of July to October, 1944 that have APO 15259. (I checked the number on all 6 envelopes to be sure 15259 was correct.) My father appears to have been in New Caledonia during those months at the 6th Replacement Depot. I have not been able to find information on APO 15259 online or in the links provided in another post by Mr. Trevor Collette. What can you tell me about APO 15259? I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Paul

Answer
Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  Also, THANK YOU for referring to me as "Mr. Horrell".  Good Manners NEVER go out of style.
  As to APO 15259, it would be my pleasure to assist you.  San Francisco, CA was the port that APO 15259 departed from, & the items sent arrived at the New Hebrides.  Assigned as overflow (HEAVY volume) to APO 502, APO 15259 ceased in August 1946.  Now then, let's have a look at APO 502.
  Established January 20, 1942, APO 502 was located at Espiritu Santo, New Hebrides, May 28, 1942 to May 31, 1946.  That would certainly be consistent with your father being based in New Caledonia, July to October 1944.
  In your question you typed "I have not been able.......by Mr. Trevor Collette."  We here at AllExperts work individually, so I have never met Mr. Collette.  I am un-aware of what Mr. Collette has typed at AllExperts, I can only assist you with the FACTS I have in my own, personal library of over 4,000 books about WW 2.
  Good Luck with your quest.

Sincerely,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell