Military History/Army 741st Railway Operating Battalion - WW2

My father was Ralph H. Deets.  I read with interest the answer to Rachael's question regarding this Battalion.  My father was a Captain and supply officer in this Battalion and from his papers I see that he was in the areas at the times you spoke of.  I have many pictures and very little information, excerpts or stories of those areas.  What I do have is an album of many pictures with his battalion.  Some of the pictures have names and places on the back others don't.  My father passed away in 1976 and did not want to speak of the war when asked.  I do remember my mother telling me one time he didn't like to talk about it because he was waiting outside an area of one of the concentration camps they were liberating with the train.  He said the odor was so bad he couldn't talk about it.  I think his train might have been evacuating people but not sure.  I too would like to know something of what they, in particular, went through.  I know there is a lot from Liege, Belgium.  Many pictures of Hanover, Germany.  Do you know if there was a concentration camp in any of the areas they were in or close to?
Any information or help would be greatly appreciated and if Rachael would like any pictures I would be happy to share but I have found none with the name of her grandfather on them.

Dear Ms.,
       Thank You for your question.  In it you typed "I too would like to particular, went through."  All the FACTS I have as per the 741st Railway Operating Battalion were provided in the reply to "Rachael".  
       In your question you typed "Do you know if there was a.......they were in or close to?"  No, I do not.  That does not mean there were none, it means that I know of none.
       In your question you typed "if Rachael would like any.......of her grandfather on them."  I have no way to contact "Rachael" directly.  My previous contact with "Rachael" was through AllExperts & only through AllExperts.  The only information AllExperts provided me about "Rachael" was hen name, state she resided in, & her question.  All contact with "Rachael" just like all my contact with you, is through AllExperts.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.