Military History/Information on My Dad's WW 2 Service

Question
Dad at Pine Camp NY
Dad at Pine Camp NY  
I have been researching my dad's service during WWII.  I know that he was with "D" Company 37th Tank Battalion, 4th Armored Division.  I would like to get a roster of his Company.  His records were destroyed in the Fire at the St. Louis National Archives and Records Center.  I found a treasure of information in the After Action Reports of the 37th Tank Battalion.  I believe that with the conversations of my brother and Dad that he was in the 2nd Platoon.  I would like to verify that information.  I saw that you stated there are other records to assist me in my search.  Could you please point me in that direction.  I have included a picture of My Dad

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your question.  The first location I suggest you contact for additional records on the 4th Armored Division is:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
Carlisle Barracks   PA   17013-5050

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/index.cfm

The next location I suggest you contact is:

Patton Museum
Fayette Avenue
 Fort Know   KY   40121-0208

With all requests of this sort, be as specific as possible.  Please remember, the employees at these locations receive hundreds of requests like your per week!  They have their system down to a science, based upon specific units, dates & locations.  Explain to the employees EXACTLY what you want & they will do their best.  Both locations have employees that are 110% every day, worth every penny we provide to them on April 15th of each year.
       Now then, may I ask a question of you?  Was your father a passenger onboard the

USS Anne Arundel  AP-76
USS Thurston  AP-77
SS Santa Rosa

when he went overseas with the 4th Armored Division?
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

PS     GREAT photograph.  LOVE the angle of your father's Overseas Cap.  Pine Camp, NY?  WOW, I'm impressed!

Military History

Richard V. Horrell