Military History/shell casing

i have a brass shell casing on the bottom it reads 76x636 dm 30  los sm194e0102    dm231a1   lot01-94   can you please tell me what i have thank you very much4mrvf

You have a shell to an Oto 76 mm gun.  This Italian designed weapon is a naval gun used by over 50 navies all over the world including the US Navy on the Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates. Your shell was made in early 1994.  76X636 refers to the shell and the gun which fires it.  The other numbers are for inventory control.

Please check out the links and Thank you.

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.