Military History/South African troops landing 1941 Egypt

Question
Good day
I'm trying to find the exact date my father landed in Egypt, The ship he boarded left Durban South Africa in the months March/ April?  in the year 1941,  the ships name was the Isle De France.
I writing a book about his life.
Thanks so much
Kind regards
Bill

Answer
Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  My data base mainly deals with US Forces traveling overseas & returning to the USA, 1941-1947.  What you are asking is a bit beyond my data base, but I will try.  Would you be so kind as to reply to a few queries?

1)   What is your source that your father departed Durban, South Africa?

2)   What is your source that your father departed "in the months March/April? in the year 1941"?

3)   What is your source that the troop ship in question was the RMS Ile de France?

4)   What unit was your father assigned to when he departed South Africa?

5)   If a different unit, what unit was your father assigned to in North Africa?

Please be patient, I will do my best but I'm a bit outside my knowledge base.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502
         USA

Military History

Richard V. Horrell