Military History/South Pacific Americal Div. WW 2

Dear Mr. Horrell,  My father is Wayne L. Allan, Serial # 39 475 846, S/Sgt., U.S. Army, americal 182nd Inf.Americal Div. He is now 92 and suffering from beginning dementia.  My son would like to film my dad and ask him questions about his service in the Philippines during WWII.  Dad is afraid he can't tell my son much because of his memory.  He can remember the weather, the food, or lack of it, the enemy, day and night and the fears  associated with combat when he the Philipinos were forced to attack the US troops at night.  He was wounded twice and received the Purple Heart with Clusters, Bronze Star for Valor and several other medals for Liberation.
He can't remember the name of the Troop Transport out of San Francisco, Calif.  or the Hospital ship back from P. I.  
Can you tell me where I might find such info?
I have dad's Discharge Form WD AGO Form 53-55 paperwork and his Hospital records but transport is not mentioned.
Thanks for any help you might scrounge up.

Dear Sir,
  Thank you for your question.  In a follow-up, please send me ALL THE DATES in Box #36 on page two of your father's Discharge Documents.  I will see what FACTS I have to share with you.  Americal Division, I AM IMPRESSED!!!

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.