Military History/Theron A Corliss

Question
QUESTION: My grandfather served during WW2 with the 401st Engineer Combat Battalion out of Ft Devens Mass. Army ser# 31 467 424. He also served with 547th Co 110th Replacement Battalion in Italy. I'm having a hard time researching unit history in order to preserve his Class A uniform with the correct ribbons and metals he would have earned. Please and thank you for any help. respectfully Jason Corliss Pittston Maine

ANSWER: Service records for WW II are available for next of kin. The info is at the following URL:
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

You should be able to find what you need there.
Good luck

QUESTION: I was hoping you could provide me with information of his unit(s) involvement in WW2.

Answer
Try this website for the 401st:
http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?showtopic=1960

As for the replacement battalion, I couldn't find much. You might want to go to the web site of the Army Center of Military History http://history.army.mil and see what you can come up with.  

Military History

Marc Leepson