Military History/Troop Ships

Mr. Horrell,
In one of your responses you mentioned that troop ships that departed from Virginia might have joined other troopships that departed from New York.  Was this a common occurance?

Also, do you have any information concerning the units on the troop ships?

Thanks so much for your help,

Jimmy Pitts

Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your follow-up.  In it you typed "In one of your responses you.......this a common occurance [sic]?"   Yes.
       In your follow-up you typed " do you have any information concerning the units on the troop ships?"  Yes.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.