Military History/WW 2 Army Nurse

Question
Hello, my mom was an army nurse in the ETO during WWII and I'm trying to understand her discharge papers. She was discharged with an ASR score of 92. (She was a Bronze Star recipient, which raised her score.) I've read on wikipedia that the Nurses Corp required an ASR of 71 for early discharge after VE Day. Would you agree this score allowed her to be discharged after VE day, and not be redeployed to the Pacific? She left from Germany, but did not come home until October 1945. Then she was given Terminal Leave until Feb 1946. Do you know if this meant they still got paid until Feb '46? At the top of her "Report of Separation" it says 5. component: AUS. Does this stand for "Army US?" Finally, she also received a document that says: To those who answered the call of your country and served in its Armed Forces...." which is signed by Truman. Was this given to everyone who was honorably discharged? Thanks very much for this opportunity to tap into your expertise.

Answer
Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "I've read on wikipedia that the Nurse Corp [sic] required an ASR of 71 for early discharge after VE Day."  Since the internet deals with information & I provide facts unless otherwise indicated by me, I am unable to answer this question.  The internet has no editors to check for accuracy.  Anyone can typed anything they desire & place it on the internet, purportedly as fact.
       In your question you typed "She left from Germany, but did not come home until October 1945."  So then your mother was not re-deployed from the ETO to the PTO.  Am I understanding that correctly?
       In your question you typed "Then she was given.......got paid until Feb '46?"  I do not know.
       "AUS" was the acronym for Army of the United States, the military entity the US Government raised for WW 2 to serve for the duration plus six months.
       In your question you typed "Was this given to everyone who was honorably discharged?"  The document was offered to everyone who served, but most did not take one when being discharged from the US Military after WW 2.  My father did not take one.  My mother (civilian) received the version for civilians working with the ARC on the Home Front.  In other words (as the family use to say) President Truman appreciated all the sweaters my mother knitted, 1942-45.
       The questions you ask are difficult to answer with facts without a photocopy of your mother's Discharge Documents in hand to research from.  You are welcome to photocopy your mother's Discharge Documents, then send the photocopies to me via First Class USPS.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell