Military History/info on 448th Signal Heavy Construction Battalion

Question
I thank you for any info you can give me or where to find it on 448th Signal Heavy Construction Bn at Battle of the Bulge.  I haven't found a single thing for the 448th.  My father died there and I plan a trip to France.  This was a black unit and my father was XO attached to XlX TAC 9th Air Force, Pattons 3rd Army.

Answer
Good Day,
       Regrettably, I have few facts to share with you.  The 448th Signal Heavy Construction Battalion participated in the following Campaigns while in the ETO during WW 2.

Normandy          June 6-July 24, 1944
Northern France    July 25-September 14, 1944
Rhineland          September 15, 1944-March 21, 1945
Ardennes-Alsace    December 16, 1944-January 15, 1945
Central Europe     March 22-May 8, 1945

The 448th also served in the Army of Occupation in Germany, May 20, August 14, 1944.
       Have you obtined your father's I.D.P.F. (Individual Deceased Personnel File)?  The facts contained would be invaluable toward accurate historic.
       You may wish to contact:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
    950 Soldiers Drive
     Carlisle   PA   17013

for further assistance.  Best results are when you make your question VERY specific.
       Again, my apology for providing you with so few facts.

Respectfully,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell