Military History/Ww2 Japanese bayonet

I bought  a bayonet at a gun show and I would like to learn a little more about it. It was produced by matsushita kinzoku kk arsenal. The stamps suggest it was produced late in the war but it also has a quillion the stamps include  four cannon balls and a arrow through an m. Also the wood for the handle is riveted any info would be amazing thank you for your time

You have a Type 30 Bayonet for a Type 99 rifle.  Our bayonet was a late war production and not up to the standards of 1930s made bayonet for the type 99 rifle.  US troops picked this bayonets up by the thousands after the war.  A nice blade but not the best steel.  A nice piece of history; I have included some websites that will go into more detail.

Thank you  

Military History

Paul Sutton

I can answer questions on World War Two weapons, tactics, and strategy. I can answer questions on Weapons systems and their development. I can answer guestions on Space exploration history. I am a World War 2 expert. I study Military Weapons Systems and the usage of those systems.

I work for Saint Petersburg College as a TRS or Technology resources specialist. I read 10 to 15 books a year on World War 2 and weapon systems. I also have a BA in History from USF.

I have a BA in history from USF.