Military History/Acronyms on WWII Discharge

Hello Keith, this may be out of your field, if so can you tell me who to ask.  In the first block of dads discharge is his name, block #2 is serial # ,  block #3 Grade, My question is block #4 which is (Arm of Service -CAC) and block #5 is (Component -AUS) what would these two acronyms stand for?  Thanks for any help Shirley

Component:  AUS  Army of the United States

Arm of Service:  CAC  Coastal Artillery Corp

Here is a little history of that branch of arms.

Until aircraft proved they could sink ships at sea, our primary defense were fortresses along the coast near major port cities.  Houston, San Francisco Boston and a lot of others still have fortresses you can visit.  They had large batteries of large caliber guns to fight off invasion fleets.  

Their role was morphed into rocket air defense and the branch was finally shut down and air defense transfered to the new US Air Force which split off from the Army in 1949.

Military History

Keith H. Patton

I can answer questions pertaining to weapons and tactics, personalities, battles, and strategies in european and U.S. history.

I was a history major, and had done extensive research in the subject area. I have designed and tested numerous computer games for various
historical periods.

B.A History M.S. Science
I have had the opportunity to live abroad and walk numerous battlefields both in the United States, Europe, and the Pacific.