Military History/Old Ammo Box

Question
Hi.  My husband just purchased an old box that says, "Ammunition for Cannon with Explosive Projectile."  The side has C697 on it, and LOP851-205-001.  On the bottom is Tusco Wood Products. DWG No. 9276780, REV B, September 1984, "P"

It has a painting of a mallard duck on it with a signature by Sullens.  

Can you give us any information about the box and/or the artist who painted the duck?

Thanks!

Answer
Greeting

I have seen c697 before; it is ammunition for a M30 Mortar.  So you have a 1984 box that was filled with Mortar rounds.  As to the artist on the box I am not certain but I have found the contact information for the company in question.  I would contact them about the artist in question.  Please check out the link below for more information on the M30 Mortar.
Thank you

Tusco Wood Products Business Information
Name:   Tusco Wood Products
Address:   1616 44th Ave
City:   Tuscaloosa

State:   Alabama, US

Zip Code:   35401
Telephone:   (205) 758-5825
Fax:   (205) 349-4350

Categories:   Boxes - Wooden (Wholesale)

Nearest Major Intersection:   Stillman Blvd & 44th Ave
Coordinates:   33.200190, -87.596849

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M30_mortar  

Military History

Paul Sutton