Military History/Troop Transports

Can you identify either of these two troop ships?

departed San Francisco for Yokohama in May 1946

arrived San Francisco from Yokohama 7 April 1948

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Can you identify either of these two ships?  departed San Francisco for Yokohama in May 1946".  

Departure Date:   May 22, 1946
Departure Location:   San Francisco Port of Embarkation
Troop Ship:  SS Sea Star
Arrival Date:   __?__?__
Arrival Location:   Yokohama, Japan

These are the only facts I have as per the question you asked.
       If your question is related to a member of the US Military, you are welcome to send me via First Class USPS a photocopy of the Veterans Discharge Documents, which are invaluable toward accurate historic research.  It would be my pleasure to share with you any facts I glean from the documents.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Rd
      Apt   E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.