Military History/106th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion, KY National Guard

Question
106th Plaque
106th Plaque  

Veteran\'s Parade
Veteran's Parade  
Dear Sir,

My father-in-law was attached to the 106th Battery B (by way of the 123 Cavalry KYNG) for the duration of WWII.  I've seen your previous mention of a history of their exploits.  Is that information still available? I would love to share that history with him,and add any new information he has to offer if we can make contact.  
Basically, I am seeking to honor him by finding some information relating to his time overseas and maybe share some of his stories with other while he is still quite alert and able.

thank you

brian

Answer
Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "My father-in-law was attached to the 106th Battery B (by way of the 123 Cavalry KYNG) for the duration of WWII."  If your "father-in-law was attached to the 106th" would you be so kind as to provide me with the unit your father-in-law was assigned to?  Attachments are generally for a brief period of time, & a person in the US Military must be assigned to a unit prior to being attached to another.
       Yes, Battery B,  106th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion, KY National Guard was re-designated such with assets from HQ Troop, 123rd Cavalry, KY National Guard, on January 6, 1941.  HQ Troop was from Glasgow, KY.
       In your question you typed "I've seen your previous mention of a history of their exploits."  I'm un-sure as to "a history of their exploits" but the following is what FACTS I do have.
       The title of the photocopy I have is titled

Washington County Bicentennial & World War Two Commemorative Ceremony
  In Honor of Battery C, 106th Coast Artillery Antiaircraft

The ceremony took place at the Springfield (? Kentucky ?) High School Auditorium, 10:30 am, December 5, 1992.  The individual who put all this together was Colonel (Ret) Donald L. Armstrong, Chief Military Historian, Kentucky Department of Military Affairs.
       In your question you typed "Is that information still available?"  I do not know.  I obtained my copy, so I've not kept tabs as to availability.  I would photocopy my photocopy & send you THAT photocopy, but so many generations of photocopying, the quality is rather poor.
       In your question you typed "maybe share some of his stories with other [sic] while he is still quite alert and able."  Yes, an Oral History, based upon the Veterans experiences, would be of interest to some.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Happy Holidays,
   Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt    E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell