Military History/202nd Engineer Combat Battalion

Hello Mr.Horrell, I am trying to find out what my dad's unit was involved in.  Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Can you tell me if the Engineers Ever had artillery units attached to them?

Dear Ms.,
       Thank you for your question.  The best source for the FACTS of what the 202nd Engineer Combat Battalion did during WW 2 is to obtain a copy (or photocopy) of the unit history:

202 Engineer Combat Battalion
   by Henry J. Phillips

There is a copy at the US Army Military History Institute Library, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania.  I suggest you contact:

US Army Heritage & Education Center
   950 Soldiers Drive
    Carlisle   PA   17013

This is NOT a Lending Library, so you may visit the site to photocopy the unit history yourself or have someone in southeast Pennsylvania photocopy the unit history for you.  
       In your question you typed "Can you tell me if the Engineers Ever [sic] had artillery units attached to them?"  Just so I am sure as to the question, any Engineer Units had any sort of Artillery Unit     ATTACHED     to it?  Yes, absolutely.  Just so we are clear as to the context, the operative word is ATTACHED.  
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.