Military History/573rd AAA from WW 2, my grandfather.

My grandfather's name was Alfred Joseph Jones, he came from Fraser Mi. He was in the 573rd AAA. I know he was in a half-track and worked on radio's even though he was color blind. Any information you could give me about him would be GREAT! Any info in general about the 573rd AAA would great, I would just like to know as much as possible about what he did over there, where they went, and so on. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  In it you typed "Any information you could give me about him would be GREAT!"  It would be my pleasure.  Please send to me via First Class USPS a photocopy of your grandfather's Discharge Documents, which are invaluable toward ACCURATE historic Research.  All four pages would be great, but page two is an absolute MUST.  Please include your e-mail address for ease of response.
       In your question you typed "Any information about the 573rd AAA would be great".  May I suggest you start with the unit history:

History of the 573rd AAA (AW) Bn. S/P, June 10, 1943 to September 2, 1945
   by Arthur W. Stetson
  Mannheim, Germany        Julius Waldkirch & Cie        1945

There is a copy at the US Army Military History Institute Library, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania.  I suggest you move heaven & earth to read the unit history, one of the best unit histories I've ever read!
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     2011 Richard Jones Road
      Apt   E 26
       Nashville   TN   37215-2837

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.