Military History/Americam Campaign Medal WWII and Victory Medal WWII

Have you ever read any research that addresses the wearing of the bronze star device on either of these medals?  There has been some recent discussions in the AAMUC newsletter that "a trend" is being observed in which the WWII Victory Medal has a bronze star device and many "theories" are being presented as to why this may be appropriate.  Same applies to the WWII Americam Campaign Medal.

I would appreciate your expert opinion, as I have never seen this practice in any book I own about awards of WWII.

Thank you for your time and all that you do on this site.

Hello Nancy , I am sorry but this isn't really my area of knowledge , I work more in the area of aviation unit emblems , but I can suggest a couple of sites that may be able to help you .

US Militaria Forum
IACMC Militaria Forum
Military History
World War Two Zone

I hope this helps you , all the best a Merry Christmas !

Military History

Johnny Signor

WW2 USAAF/USN/USMC flying unit emblem identification,Official and Unofficial types,some of thier aircraft used,WW2 era only please.

approximately 20+ years

self taught in the area of emblems of the military

Mostly ww2 veterans and some collectors