Military History/Bronze Stars

Question
Hi I was wanting to gain any information on my grandfather Millard Brewer serial # 35 564 393 co k 329 infantry on why he received two bronze stars and a purple heart. I appreciate any information or any possibly other leads you can offer.

Thank you in advance
Chad Frye

Answer
Dear Chad,
         You can go to 83rdinfdivdocs.org and they will have a list of the following documents in regard to the 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division:

*Special Orders
*After Action Reports
*Unit Journals
*Various Links

You can also go to the National Archives and Research Administration or NARA at nara.gov.
Your grandfather was probably awarded the two Bronze Stars for heroism in combat and these two Bronze Stars would be awarded with a "V" device denoting valor. If he was awarded a Bronze Star with V device, then he would also be awarded the Combat Infantrymen's Badge or CIB. I hope this helps and May God Bless-Lt. Colonel Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard

Military History

LTC Robert A. Lynn, Florida Guard