Military History/instrument of surrender with japan

Question
QUESTION: HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. I HAVE A 14 x 20 INSTRUMENT OF SURRENDER WITH JAPAN, 8 PAGE DOCUMENT U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE 1945 O-667416. THE PAGES ARE WRITTEN IN ENGLISH AND JAPANESE. CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ABOUT IT PLEASE.

ANSWER: It sounds like this is a facsimile, printed by the GPO, of the surrender documents signed by the U.S. and Japan ending World War II.

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply. Do you know if these were given away, sold, etc and how many like this would have been made? It is on very heavy paper and is held together with a very old rusty staple in the top left corner. Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
My guess is that since it is a GPO document, copies were given to government agencies (the National Archives, Library of Congress, the Defense Department and State Department, among them), and it also was made available to the public for sale. That's the typical case with documents of this type printed by the GPO.

Military History

Marc Leepson