Military History/South Pacific Base Command Drawing

Question
QUESTION: My dad severed as a company clerck with the CO A 1395th Engr Const BN during world war two. Dad send his mother an architicual drawing of the South Pacific Command Base Headquarters along with a drawing of a church. The drawings were done in 1944 by Marlow C Ihling. The address on the container it was mailed in was
ASN 37330756 if that means anything. Dad died in 1985 and I do not know where this headquarters was located. Do you have any insight about these drawings. Is there any collective value?
Waiting for your answer

Tom H.  Kansas

ANSWER: Hi Tom,
was this a Army or a Marine Corps unit? Reply via follow up.

QUESTION: Dad was in an Army unit.

Answer
Hi Tom,
Because of the island hopping just the year to match it up. The only place I could find an HQ for that unit was in 1945 on Okinawa.  There should be a unit history at the Ensenhower Library in Abilene, KS.  http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov  Should they not have it, try http://www.history.army.mil/ The last place to try is http://www.wood.army.mil/usaes/museum.html
Sorry I can give you exact answer.

The drawing may have collectors value. You should contact 3 dealers in militaria and get appraisals.

Military History

Paul Edward Zukowski