Military History/I think I have a ww2 Japanese officer dagger wanting to know if it is real or fake

Question
QUESTION: I have what I believe to be a ww2 Japanese officer dagger and would like to know if
You could look at pic of it and let me know what you think

ANSWER: Greetings

I would be honored to take a look.  You can add images to all expert questions.  

I look forward to the images.

Thank you

Japenese dagger
Japenese dagger  

Japenese dagger
Japenese dagger  
QUESTION: The dagger I was talking about

Answer
Greetings
One question, how long is the blade?  If it is 30 cementers or less it is a Tanto blade.  This is a short sword

If it is longer than 30 centimeters or 12 inches it is a wakizashi blade
Please take care of it this is a piece of real history.
Both High ranking noncoms and offices would have used this weapon.  Do you know where it was recovered from?  I am think the Philippines maybe.
Thanks and enjoy the link
http://japaneseswordindex.com/nihonto.htm  

Military History

Paul Sutton