Military History/351st AAA Searchlight Battalion

Mr. Horrell,

I am researching the 351st Searchlight Battalion and what happened to the men when it was deactivated in 1944.  Do you have any information that you could provide on this unit and where what units the men went to when the unit was deactivated?

Also, I am researching the 574th Replacement Company 116th Battalion.  The APO that I have associated to this unit is 904.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy Pitts

The 351st AAA Searchlight Battalion was de-activated in Italy October 28, 1944.  APO 904 was established in the Panama Canal Zone December 20, 1941.  Transferred to Leghorn, Italy, effective March 19, 1945.  These are the only FACTS I have available to me on the topic.

Richard V. Horrell

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.