Military History/Company C, 738th MP Battalion

I'm trying to put a display together of my grandfathers service medals and patches looking for info on what us army division or what MP brigade that company c 738th MP battalion was attached to in WW2 manila philippines 1944-1946.

Dear Sir,
       Thank You for your question.  Since you have not provided me with a photocopy of page two of your grandfather's Discharge Documents, I have no FACTS to research from.  Therefore, in my OPINION the shoulder patch for your "display" should be that of General HQ, Southwest Pacific.
       Respectfully, please be sure to include in your grandfather's "display" a Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, as well as a Meritorious Unit Commendation for the period September 17, 1944-June 1, 1945.  Both awards were made to the 738th MP Battalion, based in Manila, Luzon, Philippine Islands, 1945-1946.
       Good Luck with your quest.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502  

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.