Military History/Convoy UGS.5A

Of the 1500 assembled trucks on board convoy UGS.5A how many were loaded in New York harbor?

Did Hampton Roads have a separate assembled vehicle holding park for like New York did?

Were un-assembled crated trucks shipped from the factory directly to the loading piers?

Many thanks

Dear Sir,
       Thank you for your question.  Regrettably, I have no answers for you, what-so-ever.  I am familiar with Convoy UGS.5A, have the list of ships in front of me as I type.  Since the list in front of me indicates the convoy departed Hampton Roads Port of Embarkation (February 18, 1943) would you be so kind as to indicate which ships departed the New York Port of Embarkation?
       Also, what is your source that "1500 assembled trucks on board"?  It would be quite interesting to learn the source that cites such a specific quantity.
       Again, my apology for striking out on this one for you.  Everyday I research for FACTS about WW 2, & several times each day I am surprised by a FACTS I had no idea still existed.  Maybe this will be one of my times today.

Richard V. Horrell
    WW 2 Connections
     211 Union St.   #611
      Nashville   TN   37201-1502

Military History

Richard V. Horrell

Can answer: World War Two. Specifically, the troop transport ships that took US Military Personnel overseas & returned them to the US, 1941-47. Also, unit history of US Army QM, Signal, MP, Ordnance, Medical, Transportation & Engineer units that served during WW 2. The more obscure units are my specialty. If you have the APO that a Veteran sent letters from or received letters at, I can look up the history of that APO.

A lifelong study of WW 2, including participation as a WW 2 Re-enactor, 1980-2002. Also, interviewing over 400 WW 2 Veterans about their role in WW 2.

AASLH, Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society

Over 800 Profiles that I have written for client's about their loved one's role in WW 2.

BA, History & Political Science (19th & 20th Century European History) Webster University, Webster Groves, MO.

Assisting the National Archives on numerous occasions during the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of WW 2, 1991-95.

Respectfully, I do not disclose the names of the clients I deal with. I have a confidentially agreement with them.